Your trip is booked with Local Designers delivering professional services. Designer Journeys has carefully selected these providers for you and that’s why we take the responsibilities described in our Traveller Protections (the "Guarantees").
You are paying to Designer Journeys as a payment processing agent, and we transfer your funds to the Local Designers. Your legal relationship is with the Local Designer (the trip organiser).
There are two guarantees we provide.
Cooling Off Guarantee. If you change your mind about travel within 48 hours of the booking being made, Designer Journeys will refund your payment in full.
Local Designer Financial Default Guarantee. In the very unlikely event of a trip non-fulfilment due to the financial default of the Local Designer, the Local Designer Financial Default Guarantee provides that your prepayment will be fully refunded from Designer Journeys.
"Financial default" means the Local Designer substantially fails to provide the package of services described on the Designer Journeys website as being the components of the trip you purchased, due to the credit or other financial failure on the part of the Local Designer.
The Guarantee does not cover:
- Any consequence of any "force majeure" events, like wars, terrorism, strikes, acts of God, weather, pandemics, and other events outside of our reasonable control or the reasonable control of the Local Designer.
- Any conduct on your part (or any of your agents) that causes you to miss or be disqualified for any component of the trip package
- Partial fulfilment of the trip package by the Local Designer or any unsatisfactory performance of any trip package, including any dissatisfaction on your part of any component of the trip package.
- Claims relating to unsatisfactory or partial performance should be brought directly to the Local Designer.
- Rescheduled or cancelled transportation, unavailability of specific accommodation, meal, or tour preferences, bona fide errors, lost or stolen personal items or funds you bring on your trip, or other events occurring during the trip.
- Any claims not covered by the above terms.
- Any other issues not within the financial default of the Local Designer.